Friday, April 23, 2010

Buying Handmade

I had money in my Paypal, so I thought I'd treat myself to a new handbag.  A 12%-off-all-bags sale on DaWanda--Europe's answer to Etsy--sealed the deal!  I've been pining for a bag from  Etsy seller Bayan Hippo for ages, and lo and behold, she has a DaWanda shop, too!  So I got this beautiful colourful new bag just in time for summer.



It is just exquisitely made, with roomy pockets inside and a clip to hold my keys (find?  my keys??  crazy.)  And she adds such lovely generous details, for instance the bag is shipped inside another colourful fabric drawtring bag!  Mine is a fruity pink print.  And she pins a few little charms and beads inside, including a lucky 'evil eye' bead, as she is in Turkey.  I just love little details like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment