Sunday, June 6, 2010

Emma Dear on Etsy

I love wool and lace together, it's a classic Irish combination, the two great Irish textiles (linen, you're a close third).  When I see wool and lace together it just speaks out loud to me.

These cushions by Etsy seller Emma Dear speak to me, loud and clear, they say 'hey Jesse I bet you wish we were at your house'.  They not only are wool and lace, but they are made with repurposed fabric cut from vintage men's suits.  Some of them still have the plackets and the buttons and the labels.  The labels.  The labels are saying to me 'yeah, we are so charming it's killing you isn't it?'

Emma Dear has hundreds and hundreds of things that keep speaking to me, taunting me.  This recession can end any day now, seriously.

2 comments:

  1. These are the times when I am angry I am allergic to wool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on these. Now that it's summer, I'm inspired by cushions and crazy quilts that I see you and some of my other friends put together, and I think that I'd like to try my hand at making some. I have so many tiny odds and ends of fabric, and I have a couple old pillows in my living room to cover.

    Maybe she'd do a trade with you? Suit cushions for some Irish crazy quilts? I know some people on Etsy are keen to that. :)

    ReplyDelete